Posted by Erhan Abay in Tips, WindowsNov 10th, 2009 | 97 responses
After installing Windows 7, everything was fine except sound. It seems like sound drivers were installed correctly but it wasn’t.
You did try to download drivers from lenovo site and install them but shit(!), software installer says that “I have no idea about your operating system”.
Here are the instructions (applies Soundmax, no idea about Realtek (Xavi reported it works for Realtek too, thanks Xavi!)):
- Don’t worry. :p
- Download driver.
- Installer will extract the package the path you choose (default is C:\Drivers\WIN\Audio).
- Open Device Manager.
- Go to “Sound, video and game controllers” section.
- Select currently installed device and right click.
- Select “Update Driver Software”.
- Select “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.
- Click “Have Disk” button.
- Select the location where you have extracted package (#3) and browse “<path>i386\Vista” folder (amd64 for 64bit).
- Select the inf file.
- Click “Next”
And you are done!